Dyfed FHS have photographs and data relating to various churches and chapels on their site
Parish registers: Christenings and Burials (1762-1812) and Marriages (1756-1812) are at the National Library of Wales.
Parish registers: Christenings (1697-1762, 1813-88), and Marriages and Burials (1697-1762, 1813-1982) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Facsimile Parish registers: Christenings, Marriages and Burials (1697-1762) are at the National Library of Wales.
Facsimile Parish registers: Christenings and Burials (1697-1812) and Marriages (1697-1812) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Copy ts PR index M (1755-1875) at NLW
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1671, 1677, 1680, 1682, 1684, 1687, 1690, 1693, 1695-8, 1703, 1707-8, 1711, 1713-18, 1720, 1724-62, 1764-1800, 1802-81, 1884) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 14 - Derllys Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989)
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Bethany (Baptist, 1831), Water LaneLlanstephan village Records with those of Ebenezer (Llangynog) SN35211100 Built 1833/4, rebuilt/enlarged 1866 & 1896 Still open 1998 Coflein On Dyfed FHS
- Moriah (Calvinistic Methodist, 1803), Llanstephan village Births and baptisms (1816-36) PRO RG4/3862, LDS 828108, IGI. On Dyfed FHS Moriah CM chapel, Old School Road, Llansteffan is still open in 2006
- Bethel (Independent, bef 1865), Bethel Terrace, Llanstephan village On Dyfed FHS
- Capel Newydd (Independent, 1813), Llanybri Births and baptisms (1814-37) PRO RG4/1688, LDS 828113, IGI On Dyfed FHS Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - translation by Gareth Hicks (Dec 2008)
- Old Chapel (Independent, 1665), Llanybri SN33711256 Hen Gapel, Llanybri Built pre-1800 (1688?), recorded as medieval chapel of ease 1388. Rebuilt/restored 1862 & 1879, closed in 1962 and dismantled in 1974, save for the tower and part of the nave walls. Independents took it over in 1690 Coflein
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - translation by Eleri Rowlands (April 2009)
- Chapel (Wesleyan Methodist, c1807), Llanstephan village Records with those of Ebenezer (Carmarthen) SN34821069 Built 1808/1810, rebuilt/modified 1859 Coflein
Llan-y-bri [formed out of Llanstephan in 1863. The ancient chapel here passed in the seventeenth century into the hands of the Independents. The present church and parish are of mid-nineteenth century origin.
Registers : Christenings and Burials (1861- with incumbent), Marriages (1863-1970) at Carm.RO
BTs: 1861-81 at NLW