Dyfed FHS have photographs and data relating to various churches and chapels on their site
Parish registers: Christenings (1681-1928), Marriages (1681-1970), Banns (1937-76) and Burials (1681-1951) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Facsimile Parish registers: Christenings and Burials (1681-1813) and Marriages (1681-1813, 1837-1959) are at the National Library of Wales.
Copy ts PR index CB (1813-75) M (1682-1875) at NLW
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1672-3, 1681-4, 1686-7, 1702, 1705, 1707-8, 1720, 1722, 1726-35, 1737-8, 1740-62, 1764-5, 1769-71, 1774-81, 1783-9, 1797, 1799-1800, 1802-4, 1806, 1808-33, 1835, 1837-8, 1847, 1851, 1854) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
An Index to Christenings (1813-1875), Marriages (1682-1875) and Burials (1813-1875) is available on microfiche from Dyfed FHS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 14 - Derllys Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989)
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Sion (Baptist, bef 1848), St Clears town Records with those of Salem (Llanfihangel Abercowin) SN27661628 Built 1848, rebuilt/modified 1887 & renovated in 1927/8. Still open 1998 Coflein
- Trinity Welsh CM chapel, Station Rd, St Clears SN28271654 Built 1829/30, rebuilt 1872 and restored 1924. Still open 2000 Coflein
- Bethlehem (Independent, c1696), Pwlltrap Births and baptisms (1770-1837), burials (1831-37) PRO RG4/4446?, RG/4023 and RG4/1689, LDS 815972, IGI On Dyfed FHS Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (April 2009)
- Capel Mair (Independent, 1820):, High St, St Clears Records with those of Bethlehem SN27971588 Built c1816, rebuilt/modified 1862 Coflein Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
- Capel-y-Graig ( Unitarian, aft 1800), St Clears 1832 and 1881 deeds, NLW Ms 674A; douments and deeds NLW Ms 4457 SN2515 Built 1827 & situated somewhere between Capel Mair and the school. It closed in 1901, Coflein
- [Penuel] Garddi Chapel / Trinity (Wesleyan Methodist, c1807?), near St Clears village Records with those of Ebenezer (Carmarthen) SN27941597 Built 1810; transferred to English circuit? or sold to another denomination in 1885 Coflein