This families database relates to the parish of St Ishmael and is part of the Carmarthenshire Families Project - see that site for a full description.
Entries are in alphabetical order of the husband's surname
For ease of reference the key to the text fields used is;
- *1; SURNAME given name (where born and life span)
- *2; Wife's SURNAME given name (ditto)
- *3; Main occupation
- *4; Places either one were at on various dates e.g census, burial etc - separated with a / (When)
- *5; Names of children with birth years - separated with a / (where born)
- *6; Parish and county that your nearest, by relationship, ancestor was in 1901 - (Name with maiden/married name if appropriate.)
- *7; Contributor's name (name of the child in the entry (Field 5) who was their direct ancestor)
The data is now in two formats, the original text based format below
and a table format used to create a
combined county based table
*1; CHARLES David (St. Ishmael, CMN 1770/75 - 1853); *2; TREHARNE Elisabeth (CMN 1760/65 - 1845); *3; Ag. lab; *4; St. Ishmael, CMN (1795) / Longlands, Llansaint, St. Ishmael (1841) / St. Ishmael (1845) / Llansaint, St. Ishmael (1851) / Llansaint, St. Ishmael (1853); *5; Anne 1795 (St. Ishmael) / David 1800 (St. Ishmael) / Evan 1802 (St. Ishmael) / William 1804 (St. Ishmael) / Mary 1806 (St. Ishmael) / Thomas 1809 (St. Ishmael); *6; Llanelly 1901 (Mary Hannah Nicholas / Jones); *7; Ridge Williams (Mary).
*1; NICHOLAS James (Llansaint, St. Ishmael, CMN (1836 -1890); *2; EDWARDS Elizabeth (Aberavon, GLA 1840 - 1924); *3; metal worker; *4; ? (1841) / Cwmafon North, Margam, GLA (1851) / Cwmavon, GLA (1858) / Corlannau, Aberavon, GLA (1861) / Llanelly, CMN (1871/1924); *5; Thomas 1859 (Corlannau, Aberavon, GLA) / Mary Ann 1861 (Aberavon, GLA) / David 1864? (Aberavon) / Elizabeth 1865 (Aberavon) / James 1867 (Aberavon) / John David 1868 (Aberavon) / John 1871 (Llanelly, CMN) / William 1873 (Llanelly) / Griffith 1875 (Llanelly) / Griffith 1878 (Llanelly) / Mary Hannah 1880 (Llanelly) / Benjamin 1883 (Llanelly); *6; Llanelly, CMN 1901 (Mary Hannah Nicholas / Jones); *7; Ridge Williams (Mary Hannah)