Ordnance Survey reference SJ 266534.
A combined school and chapel of ease was built in 1867. It was later converted to a church by adding a chancel, vestry and porch, and was consecrated as Christ Church on 1 October 1879.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
Nonconformist Churches Nonconformist places of worship for Bwlchgwyn were included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"under the Civilparish of Brymbo. Details will be found on the parish page for Brymbo.