"The church of St. Catherine's was built in 1837 as a Chapel of Ease to Llandrillo, and so continued until gazetted, with a district of its own, in 1844. ..... The church of St. Catherine's, which has only accommodation for 250 people, will be retained for the Welsh congregation, for whom it was originally built."
[From Colwyn Bay Weekly News and Visitors Chronicle, 20 October 1899]
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
|See Colwyn||1840 - 1970||See Colwyn|
Last Updated 9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date