"Colwyn district, originally assigned in 1844 and re-arranged in 1872, consists of the townships of Eirias, Colwyn, and Cilgwyn, out of the parish of Llandrillo; a portion of Llanelian, and the hamlets of Graig out of the parish of Llysfaen. These limits remain intact, with the exception of the township of Cilgwyn, which has been transferred to form part of the new parish of Brynmaen."
[From Colwyn Bay Weekly News and Visitors Chronicle, 20 October 1899]
Nonconformist Churches Nonconformist places of worship for Colwyn were included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"under the Civilparish of Colwyn Bay. Details will be found on the parish page for Colwyn Bay.
|1838 - 1914||See St Catherine's and St John's||1846 - 1952|
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Colwyn are in the format :
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)
Colwyn - on wikipedia
Colwyn Castle - on Castle Wales
Last Updated 9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date