GENUKI Home page Llangollen Llangollen parish page Contents Contents


 Llangollen, Froncysyllte

Froncysyllte lies on the south bank of the river Dee, about 4 miles east of Llangollen.
It is at the southerly end of Telford's magnificent aqueduct, which was built almost two hundred years ago to carry the Ellesmere canal across the Dee, and is still in everyday use.


Church History

Ordnance Survey reference SJ 273411.
St. David's was built in 1871, as a combined school and Chapel of Ease to Llangollen. It was extended in 1914.
For ecclesiastical purposes, it was transferred to the parish of Chirk in 1987.

Nonconformist Churches

Nonconformist places of worship for Froncysyllte were included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905" under the Civil parish of Llangollen Rural. Details will be found on the parish page for Llangollen.

Return to top of page

Church Records

Parish Registers

- 1932 - 1975 -

Bishop's Transcripts


Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Last Updated  9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.