"A chapelry in the parish of Llangollen, Nantheudwy division of the hundred of Chirk, county of Denbigh; 3 miles (E) from Llangollen, on the road to Wrexham. ..... This chapelry comprises the mountainous range to the north of the town and the river Dee, and contains the ruin of Castell Dinas Brân. It abounds with limestone, and the navigable feeder of the Ellesmere canal, which extends up to the river Dee at Llantysilio, passes within its southern boundary, along the northern bank of that river, joining the main canal at the Pontcysylltau aqueduct. " [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]
Ordnance Survey reference X.
"The chapel is a small plain edifice, built by John Lloyd, Esq. of Trevor Hall, in 1742, for the use of his family, but not consecrated until 1772."
[A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]
Nonconformist places of worship for Trevor were included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905" under the Civil parish of Llangollen Rural. Details will be found on the parish page for Llangollen.
The following Parish Registers have been deposited at the Denbighshire Record Office, Ruthin.
They may be viewed on microfilm at the Denbighshire and Flintshire Record Offices, at the A.N. Palmer Library, Wrexham, and at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
These microfilms are not available elsewhere.
1868 - 1992
1925 - 1986
No Bishop's Transcripts have been deposited for Trevor.
There have been no official extractions from the Trevor registers.