GENUKI Home page Llangollen parish page Llangollen Contents Contents


 Llangollen, Trevor

"A chapelry in the parish of Llangollen, Nantheudwy division of the hundred of Chirk, county of Denbigh; 3 miles (E) from Llangollen, on the road to Wrexham. ..... This chapelry comprises the mountainous range to the north of the town and the river Dee, and contains the ruin of Castell Dinas Brān. It abounds with limestone, and the navigable feeder of the Ellesmere canal, which extends up to the river Dee at Llantysilio, passes within its southern boundary, along the northern bank of that river, joining the main canal at the Pontcysylltau aqueduct. "
[A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]


Church History

Ordnance Survey reference X.
"The chapel is a small plain edifice, built by John Lloyd, Esq. of Trevor Hall, in 1742, for the use of his family, but not consecrated until 1772."
[A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]

Nonconformist Churches

Nonconformist places of worship for Trevor were included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905" under the Civil parish of Llangollen Rural. Details will be found on the parish page for Llangollen.

Return to top of page

Church Records

Parish Registers

1868 - 1992 1925 - 1986 -

Bishop's Transcripts


Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Last Updated  9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks

Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.