GENUKI Home page Llanrwst Llanrwst parish page Contents Contents


Llanrwst, St. Mary


Church History

Ordnance Survey reference SH 797616.
The foundation stone of St. Mary's was laid on 26 May 1841, and the church was consecrated on 28 October 1842.
It was built specifically to cater for the increasing number of English-speaking visitors to Llanrwst and the immediate neighbourhood.
It was closed some years ago, and only the foundations now remain.

The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the ruins.

Return to top of page

Church Records

Parish Registers

1891 - 1956 1884 - 1955 1891 - 1942

Bishop's Transcripts


Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Last Updated  9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.