Ordnance Survey reference SH 873515.
There is evidence of a "chapel" at Pentrefoelas in the sixteenth century. A new building replaced it in 1766, but it was not consecrated until 23 June 1771.
There were additions in 1774. The church was completely rebuilt in 1857/59.
According to Archdeacon Thomas, the church was not initially licensed for marriages; but as it was some considerable distance from the nearest licensed church, many marriage ceremonies were nevertheless performed. The Bishop of St. Asaph eventually obtained an Act, in 1805, to legalise the marriages.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
Nonconformist Churches "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"lists the following nonconformist places of worship in the Civilparish of Pentrefoelas
|Name of Chapel ||Denomination ||Number of "adherents" |
|Rhydlydan ||Calvinistic Methodists ||166 |
|Saron ||Calvinistic Methodists ||Not stated |
|Bethel ||Congregationalists ||317 |