The new parish of Rhosddu was formed by an Order in Council in 1886, containing the townships of Acton, Bieston and Gourton (from the parish of Wrexham), the township of Borras Riffri (from the parish of Gresford), and the township of Stansty (from the parish of Gwersyllt).
In 1888, small parts of the townships of Broughton and Gwersyllt, from the parish of Gwersyllt, were added to it.
In 1972, Rhosddu reverted to the parish of Wrexham.
For a map link to Rhos-ddu village - see under Maps on Wrexham
Nonconformist Churches "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"lists the following nonconformist places of worship in the Civilparish of Stansty :
|Name of Chapel||Denomination||Number of "adherents"|
|Ebenezer, Rhosddu||Calvinistic Methodists||310|
|Park Street, Rhosddu||Calvinistic Methodists (English language)||425|
|Colliery Road, Rhosddu||Primitive Methodists (English language)||160|
|1886 - 1975||1887 - 1990||None|
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Rhosddu are in the format :
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)
Rhosddu - on wikipedia
Rhosddu photographs - on geograph.org.uk
Last Updated 9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date