The new parish of Towyn was created by an Order in Council on 22 September 1873. It comprises the whole of the township of Towyn, part of the township of Cegidog Isaf, which until then had been in the parish of St. George, and parts of the townships of Bodoryn and Bodtegwal, which had until then been in the parish of Abergele
For a map link to Towyn village see Maps under Abergele
See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of Towyn St Mary Church.
Ordnance Survey reference SH 973794.
The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, was consecrated on 17 June 1873.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
Nonconformist Churches Nonconformist places of worship for Towyn were included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"under the Civilparish of Abergele. Details will be found on the parish page for Abergele.
|1873 - 1965||1877 - 1966||None|
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Towyn are in the format :
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)
Last Updated 9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date