The ecclesiastical parish of Trefnant was created, by an order in Council, on 21 January 1855, out of part of the ancient parish of Henllan. It consists of the townships of Llewenni Isaf, Llewenni Uchaf, Banister Isaf and Banister Uchaf.
In 1975, a small portion of the south of the parish went to the parish of Denbigh.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
Nonconformist Churches "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"lists the following nonconformist place of worship in the Civilparish of Trefnant :
|Name of Chapel||Denomination||Number of "adherents"|
|Not named||Calvinistic Methodists||235|
|1855 - 1920||1855 - 1975||None|
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Trefnant are in the format :
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)
Trefnant - on wikipedia
Trefant photographs - on geograph.org.uk
On Clwyd FHS's site there is a diagram showing parish names/positions with links to pages for the parish church
Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county
Last Updated 9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date