GENUKI Home page Denbighshire county page Denbighshire Contents Contents



The new parish of Trofarth was formed by an Order in Council on 20 November 1873. It comprised the township of Trofarth, and part of the township of Cilcen (which until then had been in the parish of Betws yn Rhos; part of the township of Deunant (in the parish of Llansanffraid Glan Conwy); and part of the township of Marchaled (in the parish of Llangernyw).

For map link to Trofarth village -  see maps on Betws yn Rhos

Church History

Ordnance Survey reference SH 857718.
The church, which is dedicated to St. John, was consecrated on 19 June 1873.

The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.

St John's Church - on wikipedia

Nonconformist Churches Nonconformist places of worship for Trofarth may have been included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"under the Civilparish of Betws yn Rhos. Details will be found on the parish page for Betws yn Rhos.

Return to top of page

Church Records

Parish Registers

Baptisms Marriages Burials
None 1874 - 1963 None

Bishop's Transcripts


Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page


Return to top of page


Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Last Updated  9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.