Ordnance Survey reference SJ 222751.
The church of St. Mary, Bagillt was built between the years 1837 and 1839, and was consecrated on 18 July 1839 as a "chapel of ease" within the parish of Holywell, serving the increasingly industrialised area of Bagillt, with its rapidly growing population.
It became the parish church of the new parish of Bagillt in 1844.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
St. Peter's Mission Room was erected in 1883.
Nonconformist Churches "Welsh Church Commission - County of Flint - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"lists the following nonconformist places of worship in Bagillt, within "Holywell Rural District". This was a Civiladministrative district.
|Name of Chapel||Denomination||Number of "adherents"|
|Bethel - Welsh||Baptist||100|
|Not named - English||Congregational||85|
|Salem - Welsh||Congregational||111|
|Not named||Salvation Army||40|
|Bethania - Welsh||Wesleyan||200|
|Ebenezer - Welsh||Wesleyan||200|
|Soar - Welsh||Wesleyan||100|