Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
The new parish of Ffynnongroyw was created on 23 August 1883, from the township of Trewaelod and part of the township of Picton, which had both been in the parish of Llanasa until that date.
- Davies, William Kenneth. Ffynnongroyw in 1901: Flintshire Historical Society journal, Vol. 37, (2007), p. 169-196
- Hughes, Albert B with Vivien Hughes Davies. Ffynnongroyw born & bred [Tan lan, Clwyd] : Greenfield Valley Trust Publications, 1993.
- Knowles, Margaret. Reflections on a village childhood in Ffynnongroyw 2001.
- Lloyd, E. Alwyn. Hen luniau o Ffynnongroyw Chorley : Countryside Publications, 1985.
Ordnance Survey reference SJ 137822.
The new parish church, All Saints, was consecrated on 15 July 1883.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
Ffynnonasaph - Parishes of Llanasa and Ffynnongroyw
Nonconformist Churches "Welsh Church Commission - County of Flint - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"includes nonconformist places of worship for Ffynnongroyw with the returns for the Civilparish of Llanasa.
- The following nonconformist registers for the Ffynnongroyw area are held at the Flintshire Record Office, Hawarden.
They have not been filmed; and they have not been incorporated into the I.G.I. :
|Name of Chapel
||Type of Record
||1904 - 1931 (photocopies)
The new parish of Ffynnongroyw was assigned to the No. 1 ("Whitford") sub-district of the Holywell Registration District, which was co-extensive with the Holywell poor law Union.
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Llanasa are found under:
- Years 1837 - 1851: Holywell XXVII. nnn
- Years 1852 - 1946: Holywell 11b. nnn
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office).
You can see pictures of Ffynnongroyw which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Ffynnongroyw has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ138822 (Lat/Lon: 53.329658, -3.295820), Ffynnongroyw which are provided by:
- In 1831- Ffynnongroyw was not a separate parish.
- In 1901- the population was 1194.
[ Royal Commission on the Welsh Church - October 1907]