Ordnance Survey reference SJ 207645.
The church, Holy Trinity, at Gwernaffield was consecrated in 1838, as a chapel of ease to the Parish Church of Mold.
In 1860, the church was severely damaged by arsonists, who also stole £13-11-9 (thirteen pounds, eleven shillings and ninepence) from the premises.
The building was eventually demolished in 1871, so that a new church could be built on the site - this was consecrated on 22 August 1872.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.