Ordnance Survey reference SJ 300671.
The district church of the Holy Spirit, at Ewloe, in the parish of Hawarden, was consecrated on the 14th of September 1938.
" ... one of the handsomest churches in Flintshire, and something new in the way of church architecture. The site lies on the top of Aston Hill and commands a fine view of the Dee estuary and the lands of Wirral beyond. ... Standing on its lofty eminence and showing clearly the outlines of the Byzantine style, the new church seemed a thing of beauty."
[From The Chester Chronicle , 17 September 1938]
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
Ewloe is a constituent church in the Rectorial Benefice of Hawarden - it is not a separate parish. The ecclesiastical district of Ewloe does not have specifically defined boundaries within the parish of Hawarden.
Nonconformist Churches See Hawarden.