Ordnance Survey reference SJ 305628.
The district church of St. John the Baptist is situated on the extreme southerly boundary of the ancient township of Pentrobin in the parish of Hawarden, within a few yards of its boundary with the parish of Hope.
St. John's, strictly speaking, is not the district church for the adjoining villages of Penymynydd and Penyffordd. For ecclesiastical purposes, Penyffordd is in the parish of Hope; and Penymynydd is partly in the parish of Hope and partly in Higher Kinnerton.
St. John's was consecrated on the 22nd of July 1843.
"The church has been built of stone, by Mr Dabell, in the pointed or early English style of the date of Henry the Third, after a design by Mr J. Buckler of London; and whether regarded with reference to its external appearance, or its interior arrangements, is really a most admirable specimen of ecclesiastical architecture."
[From The Chester Chronicle of 28th July 1843]
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
St. John's is a constituent church of the modern Rectorial Benefice of Hawarden - it is not a separate parish.
Nonconformist Churches See Hawarden.