Higher Kinnerton is in Flintshire, and was historically within the parish of Hope; but for ecclesiastical purposes, it has for many years been a chapelry of the parish of Dodleston, Cheshire. After the disestablishment of the Church in Wales, in 1920, the parishioners of Higher Kinnerton elected to stay with the parish of Dodleston. Otherwise, for normal purposes of local government and administration, Higher Kinnerton is a Flintshire village. However, the neighbouring village of Lower Kinnerton, which is about 1 mile to the north-east, is in Cheshire.
Researchers are advised to also consult the registers of Dodleston (Cheshire); and those of Hope, Hawarden, Broughton and Pentrobin.
The following Parish Registers have been deposited in the Cheshire Record Office, Chester:
Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ329612 (Lat/Lon: 53.143702, -3.004619), Higher Kinnerton which are provided by: