The new parish of Llanfynydd was created on the 7th February 1845, out of the townships of Uwchmynydd Ucha, Uwchmynydd Isa, and part of Cymau, which had all been in the parish of Hope until that time.
In 1880, part of the township of Uwchmynydd Ucha was transferred to the new parish of Bwlchgwyn (Denbighshire).
For a map link to this place - see under Maps on Hope
"Willing hands were soon at work carrying water from an adjacent stream; but this primitive method of extinguishing the flames was a slow and tedious one .... The vestry is totally destroyed, and all its valuable contents .... and, worst of all, the registers of marriages and deaths, and their duplicates"The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
[From The Chester Chronicle, 10 December 1892]
Nonconformist Churches See Hope.
|1843 - 1914||1893 - 1970||-|
Llanfynydd - on wikipedia
Llanfynydd - on Vision of Britain
Archdeacon Thomas (1911) gives the area of the parish as 4000 acres.
Last Updated 8 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date