"The mother parish comprises an area of 4110 acres in the ten townships of Crickin, Yscawen, Pentre, Brynbychan, Brynywal, Cefndy, Brynhedydd, Trellewelyn, Rhydorddwy and Rhyl ..... "
[From The History of the Diocese of St. Asaph , Ven. D.R. Thomas, 1908]
Rhuddlan is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire, featuring prominently in the Domesday book; at which time it was a stronghold of Robert, the nephew of Hugh Lupus, Earl of Chester.
On the 23rd May 1844, the townships of Rhyl and Brynhedydd were lost to the new parish of Rhyl; and more land was transferred from the parish of Rhuddlan to Rhyl shortly after the opening of the district church of St. Ann in 1896.