GENUKI Home page Up Rhyl Contents Contents


Rhyl - St. John

St. John the Baptist is a district church within the parish of Rhyl.


Church History

Ordnance Survey reference SJ 004810.
The foundation stone was laid on 6 August 1885; and the first service was held on 10 June 1887.
The church was consecrated at Easter 1890.
On 12 February 1937, St. John's was granted a licence to conduct marriages.
In 1997, a survey reported that urgent, and costly, repair work was necessary. The Church authorities decided to declare the building redundant; and the final service was conducted on 28 December 1997, in the presence of the Archbishop of Wales.

The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.

Return to top of page

Church Records

Parish Registers

- 1937 - 1974 -

Bishop's Transcripts


Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Last Updated   8 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.