"Tremeirchion is a considerable parish in the Vale of Clwyd, chiefly notable for the splendid Jesuit College (St. Bueno's) which it possesses. The college stands on an elevation, and a little distance from it on the top of a hill is a neat little chapel; a charming view of the country for many miles is obtainable here. Indeed the scenery to be looked upon is of a rich and varied description, and numbers avail themselves of the luxury during the summer months." [From "Postal Directory of Flintshire", 1886]
Tremeirchion is one of the "ancient" parishes of Flintshire. It comprises the five townships of Bryngwyn Esgob, Maenefa, Llan, Graig and Bachegraig.
In many Civil Registration records, and Census returns, the name appears as "Dymeirchion", or "Dymerchion".
Brynbella, Tremeirchion, St. Asaph, Clwyd : London : Sotheby's, 1994.
Cofiant y Parch. John Roberts...gynt Ficer Tremeirchion, Sir Fflint. Bala : Argraphedig gan R. Saunderson, 1831.
Hayes, Peter. Flintshire historical society's excavation of a bronze age barrow at Pant y Dulaith, Tremeirchion, 1957 ; edited by Frances Lynch and Amanda Feather. Flintshire Historical Society journal, Vol. 34, (1996), p. 15-31.
Hughes, J. and J. Phillips. Bachygraig woodland trail, Tremeirchion Proceedings of the Dyserth and district field club, (1991), p. 41-6.
Mainwaring, S. & E. J. Williams. The Church of Corpus Christi, Tremeirchion 11th ed. Denbigh : Printed at the Free Press Office, 
Moore-Rinvolcri, M J. St. Beuno's, Tremeirchion, North Wales [Tremeirchion?] : [St. Beuno's?], 1987.
Phillips, J. & P. Ingham and D. Richards. A walk in the Tremeirchion area / Proceedings of the Dyserth and district field club, (2000), p. 47-49
Pollen, Rev. G. C. H. Exploration of Ty Newydd caves, Tremeirchion, North Wales : abridged [London] : Geological Society, [1898?]
Young, J. A walk in the Tremeirchion area Proceedings of the Dyserth and district field club, (1995), p. 57.
Ordnance Survey reference SJ 083731.
Some parts of the fabric date from the fourteenth century. There have been additions through the centuries, and there was extensive restoration and rebuilding in 1864.
The present dedication is to Corpus Christi, but the church was at one time dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
"Welsh Church Commission - County of Flint - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905" lists the following nonconformist places of worship in the Civil parish of Tremeirchion :
The following Parish Registers have been deposited at Flintshire Record Office, Hawarden. They may be viewed on microfilm at the Flintshire Record Office, the Denbighshire Record Office, Ruthin, and the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth. These microfilms are not available elsewhere.
1599 - 1992
1599 - 1988
1599 - 1966
Clwyd FHS has published full transcriptions of the registers (complete with indexes) for the following years :
1599 - 1812
1599 - 1812
1599 - 1812
Bishop's Transcripts for the years shown below have been deposited in the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Around the year 1951, most of the Bishop's Transcripts which had been deposited at that time were microfilmed by the LDS; and the films are available on request at Family History Centres of the LDS.
The films may also be viewed at the Flintshire and Denbighshire Record Offices, and at the National Library of Wales.
In general, the Bishop's Transcripts are less complete than the parish registers.
Deposited at the National Library of Wales
1665 - 1835
1665 - 1835
The following have been incorporated into the I.G.I., (under the name Dymeirchion), as part of an "official extraction" programme.
They were extracted from the Bishop's Transcripts, not from the Parish Registers.
When Civil Registration was introduced (on 1 July 1837), the parish of Tremeirchion was assigned to the No. 1 ("St. Asaph") sub-district of the St. Asaph Registration District, which was co-extensive with the St. Asaph poor law Union.
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Tremeirchion are found under:
Years 1837 - 1851: St. Asaph XXVII. nnn
Years 1852 - 1946: St. Asaph 11b. nnn
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)
On Clwyd FHS's site there is a diagram showing parish names/positions with links to pages for the parish church
Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ082730 (Lat/Lon: 53.246041, -3.377221), Tremeirchion which are provided by: