"Abercwmboi parish, formerly known as Cap Coch was a conventional district of Aberaman. The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, was closed in 1974 " Archives Network Wales
"Abercwmboi (formerly Cap Coch) is 2½ miles south- east and is ecclesiastically a conventional district. St. Peter’s church is an iron building with 200 sittings. The Rev. David Ogwen Davies has been curate in charge since 1921. Abercwmboi Workmen’s Hall and Institute, built in 1914, contains a hall that is let for entertainments, and has a seating capacity for 750 persons, also reading and billiard rooms; the cost was about £2,500." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Abercwmboi Ecclesiastical Parish records "Abercwmboi parish, formerly known as Cap Coch was a conventional district of Aberaman. The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, was closed in 1974" "........ records including registers of baptisms, 1920-1976; marriages, 1924-1974; confirmations, 1960-1974; services, 1931-1964; miscellaneous records, 1933-1969........."
Phurnacite Project 1981 "The Phurnacite Project was a study of the Phurnacite plant at Abercwmboi in the Cynon Valley and its economic and environmental impact. It is made up of a number of interviews of union officials at the plant, workers at the plant and those working at collieries that supplied the plant. A documentary was compiled from the interviews and some additional footage. Some funding was received from the Welsh Arts Council."