"Abernant is a small village north-east of the town of Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales. Like many in the South Wales Valleys, it was once a coal-mining village." wikipedia
"Abernant is 1¼ miles north east, and has a station on the Hirwaun and Merthyr Tydvil branch of the Great Western railway. St. Matthew’s Mission church, a chapel of ease to the parish church, was erected in 1889, and is an iron structure consisting of nave and a turret containing one bell: there are 150 sittings. There is an eighteen-hole golf course here, which was opened in 1922." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
N.B. This Abernant is also known as Abernant-y-Wenallt, there is also anAbernant y groes isafwhich is in Cwmbach.