For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
The church is dedicated to St. David, is in the Benefice of Pontycymmer and Blaengarw, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS905915.
[The church of St. Cein, Llangeinor and St. David's, Pontycymmer are now in the Parish of Llangeinor and Garw Valley.]
|Anglican Parish Registers
|No Registers have been deposited yet
Pontcymmer cemetery and chapel - See photograph on Jill Muir's site
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
||OS Map Ref
|Bethel, Calvinistic Methodist
Postcard of Pontycymmer 1906 - on the People's Collection Wales site (use search box)
Darren Colliery, Pontycymmer on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Blaengarw Ecclesiastical Parish records "Blaengarw lay originally in the ancient parish of Llangeinor in the Garw valley. In 1899, a new parish of Garw valley was created, which included Pontycymmer, Blaengarw and Pontyrhyl. Blaengarw was subsequently constituted as a separate parish in 1920, but rejoined the Garw valley parish to become Pontycymmer and Blaengarw in 1950. In 2004 the parish of Garw Valley was combined with Llangeinor to form the united parish of Llangeinor and the Garw Valley. .............."
[Last Updated : 3 April 2013 - Gareth Hicks]