An ancient chapelry of Cadoxton-juxta-Neath with earlier Baptisms, Marriages & Burials entered in the registers of the mother church
The parish church is dedicated to St. Margaret, is in the Benefice of Crynant, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be found at grid reference SN794048.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Crynant Ecclesiastical Parish records "Crynant is a modern parish within the rural deanery of Upper Groneath in the diocese of Llandaff. It was created from the village of Crynant that formerly laid within the parish of Dylais Higher. St. Margaret's Church was constructed c1910 as a chapel of ease to St. Mary's church, Seven Sisters."
" ......... records including registers of marriages, 1838-1942; burials, 1879-1938; services, 1916-1927; preachers books, 1905-1916; churchwardens accounts, 1913-1936; parochial church council, 1919-1930; photographs, 1909-1910"
Non Conformist Registers Held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Colliery Cost book for Torcefn, Brynteg, Crynant, Seven Sisters, Rhyding, Gellia. 6th June 1883-17th April 1886
David Henry Rees (Glanamman) "David Henry Rees or 'D.H.' as he was often known was born in 1895. ............ During the 1920s and 1930s he was politically active and in 1936 he was imprisoned in Swansea Gaol following disturbances in Crynant when the Anthracite Combine used blackleg labour to defeat the strike............."