The church is dedicated to St. Matthew, and is in the Benefice of Dyffryn. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be found at grid reference SS738998.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Dyffryn Ecclesiastical Parish records "Dyffryn is a modern parish within the rural deanery of Upper Groneath in the diocese of Llandaff. It is situated 2 miles north east of Neath in the hundred of Neath. It was formed from Cadoxton-juxta-Neath and Skewen ancient parishes in 1873 and includes the hamlet of Brynoch. The church, dedicated to St. Matthew, was built in 1871 and enlarged in 1884-5."
" ..... records including registers of baptisms, 1871-1965; marriages, 1874-1970; burials, 1872-1960; banns, 1875-1983; services, 1925-1962; churchwardens accounts, c1933-1976; parochial church council minutes, 1920-1955; vestry minutes, 1874-1931; church affairs, 1884-1914; quota, 1923-1947; church organisations, 1888-1914"