Skewen Ecclesiastical Parish records "Skewen Ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1844 from the parish of Cadoxton-juxta-Neath. St. John's church was consecrated in 1851. The church of St. Mary the Virgin, Pentreffynnon, was erected in 1904 and the mission church at Mooretown erected c1893. All Saints opened in 1948 and closed September 2001"
" ........ records for St. John's church, St. Mary the Virgin, Pentreffynnon, All Saints and mission church including registers of banns, 1954-1989; services, 1957-1992; baptisms, 1850-1986; marriages, 1850-2003; burials, 1929-1972; confirmations, 1889-2004; glebe, 1921; licences, 1905; churchwardens, 1906-1963; parochial church council, 1920-1948; churchyard, 1890-1964; church affairs, 1905; photographs and miscellaneous records, 19th century-20th century
Non Conformist Registers Held at the West Glamorgan Archive Service (WGAS)
Llandarcy Oil Refinery 1919-1958 "The oil refinery was sited at Llandarcy near Skewen [Sgiwen] by the Anglo-Persian Oil Company Limited in 1921, ............................."
Main Colliery, Skewen Records "The Main Colliery Company Limited was formerly the Dynevor Duffryn and Neath Abbey United Collieries Company Limited....................."
"Minute books, 1889-1934; Reports, 1890-1925; Accounts, 1874-1933; Shareholders' records, 1889-1934; Production and sales records, 1884-1928; Property records; 1909-1931; Correspondence, 1889-1934; Receivership papers, 1889-1934; Maps and plans 1889-1934"
Coedffranc School, records " ....... log books, 1894-1952." "Coedffranc School (also known as Coedfranc, Skewen School), Coed-ffranc, Neath, Glamorgan, opened in 1894 as a board school. The girls' school became the senior department of Skewen Lower Junior School in 1950 before a new school called Rhydhir Secondary School was opened in 1953"
Skewen Lower National School, records ".... log books, 1867-1961."