"CAERAU, in the Cwmwd of Cibwyr, Cantref of Brenhinol (now called the Hundred of Kibbor,) County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a Perpetual Curacy, not in charge: Patron, The Prebendary of Caerau in the Cathedral Church of Llandaff: Church dedicated to St. Mary. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 65. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £46..6..4, at 2s. 6d. in the pound. It is 3 m. W. from Caerdiff. This Parish, contains about 460 acres of inclosed Land, and about 40 acres of Wood. Here is an entire Roman Camp, within which the Church is situate. The Prebend of Caerau is valued in the King's Books at £3..10..7 1/2 ; and has the Tythes of Caerau and Penterry, and Llandogo, in the County of Monmouth. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Stipend, and Augmentation, was £35. " From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.