This Parish was formed from Cardiff St. Mary in 1895
The church is now dedicated to St Dyfrig and St. Samson, is in the Benefice of Cardiff St. Mary and St. Stephen with Cardiff St. Dyfrig and St. Samson, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST178755.
St. Dyfrig Ecclesiastical Parish records " ......... including registers of baptisms, 1885-1963; marriages, 1895-1967; banns, 1930-1943; burials, 1895-1927; services, 1937-1960; churchwardens accounts, 1896-1907; parochial church council minutes, 1943-1967; church affairs, 1889-1901; public notices, 1900-1907; plans, 1894; miscellaneous records, 1895-1914; photographs, c1900-1920; registers of St. Barnabus church, 1919-1955"