Cardiff St. Teilo (St. Andrew & St. Teilo)
For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office
and/or West Glamorgan Archives
Parish church of St. Andrew and St. Teilo from 1956 but reunited with it's parent St. John Baptist Cardiff in 2001/2 to form the Rectorial benefice of
Central Cardiff. It is now one of the four churches in the Benefice; within the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST184777.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish records 1863-1977
"St. Andrews church was built as a chapel of ease to St. John, Cardiff in 1863 and formed into a separate parish in
1884. St. Teilo, Woodville Road was a chapel of ease to St. Andrew, erected in
1895 to replace a temporary building of 1879 in Corbett Road. The Iron church of
St. Illtyd stood in Crwys Road. In 1956, St. Andrew's was rededicated as Eglwys
Dewi Sant, and St. Teilos became the parish church of St. Andrew and St. Teilo"
"St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of
St. Andrews, St. Teilo, St. Illtyd of baptisms 1863-1954; marriages, 1863-1954;
burials, 1863-1899; services, 1879-1959; banns, 1898-1988; churchwardens
accounts, 1936-1973; parochial church council and easter vestry, 1863-1895;
church affairs, 1894-1911; church organisations, 1909-1966; miscellaneous and
civil records, 1847-1919"
[Last Updated : 31 Dec 2006 - Gareth Hicks]
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.