"A village in the north-west of the Gower peninsula. The church is Early English, and at Landimore are some remains of a fifteenth century castle.
On North Hill Tor is a Danish camp. [Glamorganshire, 1911]
The church is dedicated to St. Cadoc, is in the Benefice of Llanrhidian with Llanmadoc and Cheriton, and the diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS450932.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
There appear to be no non-conformist chapels in this parish but see Llanmadog for details of Trinity Calvinistic Methodist chapel which is on the parish border and is listed under Cheriton on some sources.
Cheriton (31): Bury Pill, Bovehill, castle (remains of ) Cheriton, Great Pill, Landimore, Landimore Marsh, North Hills, North Hill Tor, Ryers Down, The Bulwark, Weobley Castle.
Here are Descriptions of this parish extracted from two separate sources; A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811. A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833
You can see pictures of Cheriton which are provided by: