"LLANBRADACH is a mining village and ecclesiastical parish, formed in March, 1904, from the parishes of Caerphilly and Ystradmynach. The village, which has a station on the Great Western railway (Cardiff Valleys division), is 2½ miles north-west from Caerphilly and 10½, north from Cardiff; it is in the Caerphilly division of the county of Glamorgan, hundred of Caerphilly, Lower Caerphilly petty sessional division, Pontypridd union and county court district, rural deanery of Caerphilly and archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaff. The church of All Saints was partly erected in 1897, at a cost of £3000, and is a building of stone in the Gothic style, ... the chancel and tower were added in 1909 at a cost of £3500: there are sittings for 517 persons. The baptismal register dates from the year 1899, and the marriage register from 1904. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £294, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, and held since 1903 by the Rev. Edwin Edwards. There also are Welsh Baptist, Congregational and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodist chapels. The population in 1911 was 4,998." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Thomas family, of Llanbradach and Ystrad Mynach estates, records [c. 1528]-[c. 1953] "John Thomas, of Llanbradach, Glamorgan, was succeeded by his son William Thomas (d. pre-1664), who married Joan Llewelyn of Rhydlafar in the same county. Their son, Thomas Thomas (fl. 1664) of Llanbradach and Rhydlafar, was succeeded by his son, William Thomas (fl. 1668-1675). His son, Thomas Thomas (d. 1720), of Llanbradach was succeeded by his son, James Thomas of Llanbradach who died in 1731 without issue. ..........................................."
Cardiff Colleries Ltd, Llanbradach records 1860-1955 "The sinking of the first pit (No. 1 pit) at Llanbradach Colliery, Glamorgan, was begun in 1893, by the Cardiff Collieries Ltd; a second pit (No. 2 pit) was added the following year. During the early 1920s, a third pit (No. 3 pit) was sunk to mine the Nos. 2 & 3 seams. In 1914, 2,330 men were employed at this colliery, and total output reached its peak in 1935, when....................................."
Llanbradach Workmen`s Welfare Hall and Institute records "Minutes books, 1910-1953; balance sheets, 1930-1961; lists of workers at local pits, [c. 1942]-1955; contributions register, 1946-1958; library register, 1947-1956;........................."