The Parish of St. James, Taff's Well, Chapel of Ease to Eglwysilan, transferred to Tongwynlais in 1954
The parish church is dedicated to St. James, is in the Benefice of Tongwynlais, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be found at grid reference ST123834.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Tongwnlais with Taffs Well and Nantgarw Ecclesiastical Parish records "St. James' church, Taffs Well and St. Mary's church, Nantgarw were built as chapels of ease in the parish of Eglwysilan and transferred to Tongwynlais in 1954."
".......... including registers of baptisms, 1879-1968; marriages, 1922-1985; banns, 1926-1985; services, 1923-1980; churchwardens records, 1924-1987; parochial church council minutes, 1898-1988; church council, 1955-1976; orders of services, 1938-1985; miscellaneous records, 1950-1981"
Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth