"BEDLINOG is an ecclesiastical parish formed by Order in Council, gazetted 28th June, 1912?, from the parish of St. Matthias, Treharris. The parish, is co-extensive with that part of Gelligaer formerly in Treharris ecclesiastical parish. The church of St. Cadoc, erected in 1912 at a cost of about £300? is a building of blue pennant stone, ... The register dates from the year 1912. The livings a vicarage gross yearly value £340, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ... The population in 1911? was 4,810" [?s indicate poor quality source] [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Cadoc, is in the Benefice of Treharris with Bedlinog, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SO094007.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Deposited
OS Map Ref
WGRO - West Glamorgan Record Office, Swansea NLW - National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Bedlinog School [no date] - on the People's Collection Wales site "The Graig Bedlinog School was opened in 1887 and the school shown in the photograph is the girls school which opened in 1912.........."