"BUTE DOCKS, a harbour in Glamorgan; at the mouth of the river Taff, 1¼ mile S of Cardiff.... Docks here were constructed by the Marquis of Bute. " [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
The church is dedicated to St. Aidan, is in the Benefice of Pontlottyn with Fochriw, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SO104092.