"GLYN CORWG, in the Cwmwd of Rhwng Nedd ac Afan, Cantref of Cron Nedd (now called the Hundred of Neath), Co. of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a Curacy, not in charge, with the Chapel of Blaen Gwrach, of the certified value of £10: Patron, The Right Hon. Lord Vernon: Church dedicated to St. John Baptist. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, (consisting of the Hamlets of Blaen Gwrach, and Glyn Corwg) was 234. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £89..6..10 1/2. It is 8 m. E. b N. from Neath. This Parish contains from eight to ten thousand acres of Land, the greatest part of which is mountainous and rocky. The present worthy Minister, The Rev. Leyson Jones, very obligingly adds, 'Near the top of Craig y Llynn, is Llynn Fawr, almost a mile in Circumference: and upon its Summit is Carn Moesen, the highest point in the County of Glamorgan, and from which, on a clear day, the view is most extensive and magnificent'. The stone Coal and Culm of this Parish are only worked for the consumption of the Inhabitants. In the Church-yard of Glynn Corwg, are five remarkable Yew Trees, the largest of which (in 1810) measures 10 yards 4 inches in circumference. A small Rivulet, called The Corwg, runs through the Hamlet, and empties itself into the River Afan. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Stipend, and Augmentation, was £59..8..4." From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.