"LISVANE (LLYS-VAEN), a parish in the hundred of KIBBOR, county of GLAMORGAN, SOUTH WALES, 5 miles (N. by E.) from Cardiff, containing 253 inhabitants. It is situated on the western bank of the Romney, which here separates the counties of Glamorgan and Monmouth. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaf, endowed with £ 1000 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Earl of Plymouth, and C. K. Kemeys Tynte, Esq., alternately. The church, dedicated to St. Denis, is a small structure. Mary Lewis, by deed in 1728, gave a rent-charge of £23 for teaching and apprenticing poor children of the parishes of Lisvane and Llanishen : there is also a small endowment of £ 1.15. per annum for distribution among the poor not receiving parochial relief. The average annual expenditure for the maintenance of the poor is £ 131." ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833).