"LLAN BLEIDDIAN, in the Cwmwd of Maenor Glynn Ogwr, Cantref of Cron Nedd (now called the Hundred of Ogmore), Co. of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a discharged Vicarage, with the Chapel of Cowbridge, valued in the King's Books at £10..3..4: Patrons, The Dean and Chapter of Gloucester: Church dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 475. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £166..18..6 1/2, at 1s. 9d. per acre to the Poor, and at 4 1/2d. per pound to the Highways. It is 1 m. S. W. from Cowbridge. This Parish contains about 3000 acres of Land; of which, five or six Hundred are uniclosed and uncultivated. It is a remarkably pleasant Village, situate upon Lime-stone. In the division of Glamorgan by the Norman Adventurers, the Lordship of Llan Bleiddian the Great, and the privileged Town of Pont Faen, were given to Robert de St. Quintin, whose Castle is now in ruins. From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.