"FAIRWATER is a hamlet, 1 mile south-west from Llandaff, and a mile north-west from Ely station. In this hamlet is the Cardiff Tuberculosis Hospital, the Welsh National Memorial to King Edward VIII. which was opened in July, 1913, and contains 60 beds." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and is in the Benefice of Fairwater Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST136774.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Transcript of name listing for Llandaff, with the parishes and villages of Caerau, Ely, Fairwater, Radyr, Llanilltern, St. Fagan's, Michaelston-super-Ely, and St. Bride's-super-Ely from Slaters Directory for 1880.
You can see the administrative areas in which Fairwater has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.