"GABALFA, a hamlet, 1½ miles north-east from Llandaff and 2 north from Cardiff, was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1876. The church of St. Mark is a building of stone, in the Early English style, ... : there are 300 sittings. The register dates from the year 1876. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £260, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, and held since 1906 by the Rev. Richard William Evans, of St. Bees. The population of the ecclesiastical parish in 1901 was 1,200, and in 1911, 3,207." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Mark, and is in the Benefice of Gabalfa. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST171788.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
(At the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth)