"LLAN DDEWI, in the Cwmwd of Gwyr, Cantref of Eginog (now called the Hundred of Swansea), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a discharged Vicarage valued in the King's Books at £3..3..4: Patron, The Bishop of St. David's: Church dedicated to St. David. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 126. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £36..17..2 1/2, at 3s. 6d. in the pound. It is 13 m. S W. b. W. from Swansea. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Augmentation, Tythes, and Surplice fees, was £55..5..0. The Lord Bishop of St. David's is the Impropriator. This Parish contains about 1200 acres of Land, chiefly inclosed." From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.