Teilo Tinplate Works "Amended memorandum and new articles of association 1930; registers of members 1879-1938; register of mortgage debentures 1911; weekly reports concerning coal consumption, blackplate, yield etc. 1943-1947; balance sheet 1938; nominal ledger No. 3 1939-1950; cost sheets with attached list of staff salaries and balances of orders 1938-1939; makes, yields and cost-sheet 1945-1947; wage-cost sheet 1938-1939; weekly wage-analysis sheets 1943-1944; wage-cost sheet 1942-1947; stock file 1947."
"The Teilo Tinplate Works were situated in Pontarddulais, West Glamorgan. In 1880 the Teilo Tinplate Company Limited was formed operating three mills on the site. The directors at this date included Messrs. William Bright of the Clayton works, Rees Harries, Thomas Williams, Dr. David Griffiths and E. Isaac .................."
The church is dedicated to St. Michael, is in the Benefice of Llandeilo-Talybont (Pontarddulais), and Diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Held at the West Glamorgan Record Office, Swansea
OS Map Ref
1810-1817, 1837-1856, 1885-1930
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Pontarddulais which are provided by:
From Fountain to River: Dylan Thomas and the Bont. The article by Deric John and David Thomas first appeared in the autumn 2010 issue of Cambria. The version on the website contains Notes and family trees, as well as an opportunity to view a good many photographs.
Glyn Hopkins Papers [c. 1802]-1976 (accumulated [c. 1929]-1976) "Papers of Glyn Hopkins, [c. 1802]-1976, mainly comprising his draft articles and historical notes relating to Llanedi and Yr Hendy, Carmarthenshire, and Pontarddulais, Glamorgan, and to local place names; and a vestry book, [c. 1802]-1827, of Llanedi."