"LLAN DOCH, in the Cwmwd of Pen y Bont, Cantref of Cron Nedd (now called the Hundred of Cowbridge), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a discharged Rectory valued in the King's Books at £4..18..9: Patron, Thomas Mansell Talbot, Esq.: Church dedicated to St. Dochdwy. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 85. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £44..14..2, at 1s. 5 1/2d. per acre. It is 1 1/4 m. S. from Cowbridge. This Parish contains between six and seven Hundred acres of inclosed Land. The present worthy Curate, The Rev. RICHARD WILLIAMS, very obligingly adds, " The Castle of Landough, a Seat of Thomas Mansell Talbot, Esq., and now by Lease from him, of John Price, Esq., who has greatly improved it, stands on the site of an ancient Castle, once the Residence of the Family of Walche. One Tower is all which now remains of that Edifice." The Rev. JOHN WALTERS, A. M., an eminent Welsh Divine and Critic, was Rector of Llan Doch; and died in the year 1797. His chief labour was the compilation of a valuable English and Welsh Lexicon, which he published in one large Quarto volume in 1794. He also wrote a Dissertation on the Welsh language, besides some Sermons. " From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.