GENUKI Home Page LlanganLlangan Contents Contents


Chapels database

This project is fully described on Glamorgan Chapels Database

This Llangan database compiled by Gareth Hicks

If a chapel is already mentioned on the main parish page then its name will act as a link to that section for any data recorded there - such as extant records and OS Grid references

Some chapels may have more than one entry if it is not possible to correctly identify each from a particular source

(For an explanation of the various non-conformist denominations see Gareth's Help Page )

Sources referred to (indicated by number shown in brackets after the data entry) where there may be more data available



No Baptist chapels found in this parish



Saron Independent, Treos

  • 1838 April 20 Independant; a building called Saron. William GRIFFITHS, minister of the Gospel, David JONES (2)
  • Saran chapel, Treos    MIs index  (3)
  • Here is a Congregational chapel                 1895  (4)    and 1910  (5)
  • Saron Independent, in the village of Treos                Erected in 1830           William Griffith, Minister, Llanharan    1851   (7)
  • Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books - with translation



Salem (?) Presbyterian chapel, Llangan

  • There is a place of worship for Presbyterians     1833   (1)
  • Salem, Llangan - Index entry  (6)


Other (inc un-identified)



[Last Updated :  23 Feb 2008  -  Gareth Hicks]

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.