|Llangiwg Contents Nearby Places|
Huws, L C Rev. Annibynwyr Gwauncaegurwen, 1942 has been translated and indexed by Gareth Hicks and provides history on the Carmel Independent Chapel in Gwauncaegurwen, and Tabernacl Independent Chapel in Cwmgors
For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
See under Chapels and Churches on the Cwmgors/Waun site
|Nonconformist Registers Deposited at the West Glamorgan Record Office, Swansea|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
Cwmgors/Waun site A collection of links and genealogical material relating to the district surrounding these adjoining villages in the parish of Llangiwg
Central Midwives Board , Register of Cases 1906-1927 Midwife ; Margaret Davies, Coffee Tavern, 34 Gors Street, Cwmgors (some Gwauncaegurwen) A listing of names/dates from the register --- compiled by Gareth Hicks
Evans, Jonah. Hen Gymeriadau Cwmgors a'r Waun o'r flwyddyn 1840 [Old Characters of Cwmgors and Gwauncaegurwen from the year 1840], 1907, Index by Jenni Hyatt with link to translation.
Cwmgors Colliery and Abernant Colliery on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Abernant Colliery - on wikipedia
Davies, Ifor. History of Coal Mining in the Amman Valley . Bi-lingual. Published by the author, 2001. A list of chapter headings and photographs by Gareth Hicks.
Evans, William John. Pit Memories [Up and Under], 1989. Indexes by Gareth Hicks. Index of Photographs - Index of Chapter Headings
Return to top
Cwmgors in the Parish of Llangiwg
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996