We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Fforest Fach in the Parish of Llangyfelach
Business and Commerce Records
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Weig Brick and Tile Company Records "The Weig Brick and Tile Company, Swansea, Glamorgan, worked clay pits in the Cockett area of Swansea, mostly round Weig Fawr Farm, during the early 20th century. The company's works were situated to the south of Carmarthen Road, at the end of Ael-y-Bryn Road, Fforestfach
"Records of Weig Brick and Tile Company, 1919-1929, including financial records, 1922-1925; employee records, [?1925]; correspondence, 1919-1929."
For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd, is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Peter (Cockett), and Diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS619964.
|Anglican Parish Registers
|No Registers have been deposited yet
The records for St Peter, Cockett on Archives Network Wales has this note "St Peter (Cockett) Ecclesiastical Parish Records; - Parish formed from St Mary's in 1878. From it came Waunarlwydd, Swansea St Luke's (Cwmbwrla) and Caereithin. Includes St Illtyd's, Fforestfach (built 1897) and formerly St Deiniol's, Skomer Place, opened 1961, closed c. 1970)."
- Mynydd Newydd Colliery, Fforest fach on the Welsh Coal Mines site - includes a photograph of its underground chapel
- Worcester Colliery, Fforest fach on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Fforest Fach in the Parish of Llangyfelach [Last Updated : 11 May 2007 - Gareth Hicks]